Get a free quote now.
What Is The Functional Movement Screen (FMS)?
The Functional Movement Screen is a tool for standardized movement screening to see how a patient is moving in everyday life. This assessment evaluates both the mobility and stability of a patient. This tool allows us to identify any limitations or asymmetries in our patient's movement. We evaluate seven movement patterns that are essential to a patient's movement quality. This screen goes beyond simply evaluating patients' pain and looks into the way their body moves as a whole so they don't end up back in pain or experiencing re-injury.
What are the benefits of FMS?
FMS helps us determine our course of treatment and programming decisions. This screen allows us to identify what movement patterns our patients move well in and what movement patterns need to be protected or corrected. At the end of this assessment, we can create a program and treatment plan specific to our patients that help them achieve their optimal sports performance or recovery goals. Ultimately, we can guide purpose-driven exercise and programming decisions based on understanding the quality of patients' movement.
What Does it mean to be a Certified Provider of FMS?
When a patient chooses a chiropractor with certification in FMS, they will be working with a chiropractor that is professionally trained and proficient in:
- Understanding movement patterns that support work, sports, and daily activities
- Recognizing the relationship that movement patterns play in our health and fitness goals
- A deep understanding of the importance of movement screening
- Expertise in the role of mobility, motor control, and functional patterns in fundamental movement
- Knowledge in developing programs using the FMS as an objective filter
Book your appointment today with Team Elite to get comprehensive sports chiropractic care with FMS-certified professionals.