Get a free quote now.
How Veterans Benefit From Chiropractic Care
Common Service-Related Injuries that Chiropractors Treat
There are many treatments available for those who have served in the United States military, including chiropractic care. Chiropractors can help veterans heal from various issues, including neck pain, back pain, and headaches.
Common injuries include:
Chronic Back and Neck Pain: Veterans often suffer from chronic back and neck pain due to injuries sustained during their service. Chiropractic treatment is a natural way to reduce pain and recover from injuries.
Improved Sleep Quality: Chiropractic care can help improve sleep quality by reducing stress and relaxing the nervous system.
Reduced Headaches: Headaches are a common complaint among veterans. By aligning the spine and relieving pressure on the nerves, chiropractors can help reduce headaches.
Techniques Used to Support Veteran-Related Injuries
Team Elite provides far more than just chiropractic adjustments to treat patients. Our variety of techniques sets Team Elite apart from other providers and ensures patients become pain-free as quickly as possible while addressing the root cause of the injury.
Upon the initial appointment, Team Elite performs a Functional Movement Screen, which is a series of 7 basic movements that helps determine overall mobility, stability, and athletic readiness. From this assessment, Team Elite develops a custom treatment plan utilizing a variety of techniques:
Team Elite techniques include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: A quick manual maneuver applied to a fixated joint that allows the joint to move optimally and remain healthy.
- Joint Mobilization: A gradual manual maneuver used to help stretch the joint capsule and improve the range of motion of a specific joint.
- Active Release Technique: A specific pin and stretch technique applied to the muscles and fascia to break up adhesions and allow proper movement.
- IASTM: Using a metal tool with a beveled edge rubbed over the skin we generate a neurological stimulus to help improve tissue quality.
- Cupping: Utilizing negative pressure, plastic cups lift the skin and fascia to promote blood flow and reduce restrictions to the applied area.
- Kinesiology Tape: Elastic tape placed over the skin helps produce a neurological stimulus that can reduce pain, promote tissue healing, and decrease inflammation.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment: A comprehensive screening tool that assesses the entire body looking for joint restrictions and motor control deficits causing pain.
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization: A rehabilitation approach that stimulates movement control centers in the brain to restore and stabilize locomotor function.
- Postural Restoration Institute: A rehabilitation approach that helps restore postural adaptations and asymmetrical patterns through a series of breathing and movements.
- Laser Therapy Treatment: Stimulates the body to reduce pain, swelling, and injury recovery time through a process called photobiomodulation.
How to Request Chiropractic Care from the VA
It is simple for veterans to request chiropractic care from Team Elite, simply ask your primary care physician to put in a request for chiropractic authorization to Team Elite, a carrier of TriWest Insurance. From there, we will get a fax with the authorization saying that the patient's been authorized for 12 visits over a 12 week period with no out-of-pocket cost to the veteran.
Why Team Elite Chooses to Support Veteran Care:
“I did an internship in the 29 Palms Marine base after college and I saw firsthand the toll the military has on the body. The wear and tear of serving in the military is a lot for the body to handle. I wanted to ensure veterans can benefit from chiropractic care and that my practice would be a provider for their insurance.” - Dr. CJ Epstein
If you're a veteran of the US military, talk to your primary care physician about requesting chiropractic services from Team Elite.